Before starting to prepare the dish, pressure cook urad dal and sprouts. Also, chop onions and tomatoes. Keep these ready before doing the rest.
Here are the steps:
1. Take some oil in a thick-bottomed vessel.
2. Put some mustard, jeera, chillies and omam, and fry.
3. After these get nicely fried, add chopped onions and tomatoes, and fry them deeply once again.
4. Add salt and haldi(manjal/turmeric) to the above mixture and mix it well. Allow the mixture to cook well.
NOTE: Keep the gas flame low.
5. Take the pressure cooked urad dal and sprouts, and smash them well. Pour some water on the smashed mixture and mix well.
6. Add the smashed mixture to the fried onions and tomatoes. Mix all well.
7. Add the needed amount of salt.
8. Add karipatha leaves and coriander leaves to the side dish. Mix well.
9. Switch off the gas stove.
10. Take a small measure(we use something called karandi to measure the amount) of the dal and cool it completely. Add few drops of lemon juice in the dal and mix well.
11. Mix this dal with the rest of the dal.
And, the dish is ready to be served! It is very tasty!
I don't really know what to call it. So, You Can Name It!