Hi! Today I did my favourite Baigan Bharta. It is quite simple. Here are the steps:
1. Take a baigan(eggplant).
2. Apply oil all over it.
3. Prick holes on the outer layer of the baigan.
4. Switch on the gas stove. Roast the baigan well in low flame. Switch off the gas stove.
5. Let the baigan cool down.
6. Grind masalas into a fine powder and keep the powder ready.
7. Grind chopped tomatoes, small onions, garlic, and ginger into a fine paste and keep it ready.
6. Now, peel off the outer skin of the roasted baigan.
7. Cut them into small pieces and grind them into a paste.
8. Switch on the gas stove. Place a thick bottomed vessel.
9. Pour some oil.
10. Add chopped onions and fry well.
11. Add the baigan paste to the fried onions.
12. Put a pinch of turmeric(haldi/manjal) and also the needed amount of salt. Mix.
13. Let it cook well.
14. Add the tomato, onion and garlic paste to the baigan.
15. Aso, add the ground masalas. Mix well.
16. Add a little amount of water and cook well.
17. Add karipaththa leaves.
18. Switch off the gas stove after sometime(2-3 minutes).
Baigan Bharta is ready!!! We had it with chappathis and it was very good. My mother roasted the baigan as I couldn't do it. Rest all I did with the help of her instructions.