Hi! Adai was today’s dinner. Making Adai from the batter is simple. But, there is a definite process for the batter to be made.
Here is how it is:
1. Take boiled rice, urad dal, channa dal and toor dal.
NOTE: For every two cups of boiled rice(puzhungal arici), add one cup of channa dal(kadalai paruppu), ½ cup of urad dal and ½ cup of toor dal.
2. Soak them in a bowl of water. Leave them soaked for two hours.
3. Take the soaked rice and dals, and grind it into a batter using grinder.
NOTE: You can add chillies and grind according to your preferences.
4. Add the necessary amount of water.
5. Grind it for 15-20 minutes.
6. Transfer the batter into a clean container.
7. Add the needed amount of salt.
8. Add karipaththa leaves to the batter.
And the batter is ready!!!
After this, making Adai is very easy.
(i) Switch on the gas stove.
(ii) Place a tava.
(iii) Spread the batter in a circular shape.
(iv) Add drops of oil around the circle.
(v) Take it off carefully from the Tava and invert it.
(vi) After all sides get roasted, take the Adai off the Tava again carefully, and serve!
Adai is usually eaten with Avial, a type of side dish with mixed vegetables. It is also eaten with butter, or jaggery.
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment! If you enjoyed reading my blog, you can subscribe to read in your inbox! Cheers!