Today’s dinner was dosa, and I did sambar as a side dish.
Here is the recipe:
1. Take a bowl full of water. Soak some tamarind for 5 minutes.
2. Take 1 cup of pasi paruppu(moong dal) and put it in a big bowl. Add chopped radish, carrot, potato and capsicum to the moong dal. Aso, add a pinch of turmeric(manjal/haldi).
3. Pour ample water.
NOTE: Pour water at the bottom of the cooker. Also, do not forget to put the cooker weight(pressure regulator on top).
Pressure cook with 4-5 whistles.
4. Take a thick bottomed vessel and add some oil.
5. Put mustard(kadugu) and fry.
6. Pour the tamarind water and add karipaththa leaves on the fried mustard.
7. Add sambar powder. Mix well.
8. Put the pressure cooked moong dal and vegetables in this and stir.
9. Add the needed amount of salt.
10. Let it cook well for a few minutes.
Sambar is ready!!!